Senior Game Developer
Senior Game Developer
We're on the hunt for a full-time senior developer to join our New York studio and work with a tight-knit team of developers, designers, and project managers. You’ll be working on a variety of projects for a wide range of clients, ranging from games and immersive experiences to digital products. Our workflow is highly collaborative with a focus on quality code and processes. We have a ‘get stuff done’ attitude, but we don’t forget to have fun and learn from each other along the way.
Since we believe in a one team approach to projects, you'll regularly work closely with clients in the project teams, allowing you to collaborate intimately with them in order to realize their digital identities. Success as a Developer at ustwo requires you to not only be passionate about writing great code, but also sharing your experience with others and holding your hand up when you are in the weeds and need some support.
Day in and day out, you'll do the best work of your life, craft innovative projects with amazing teams, deliver top tier digital products for some of the biggest and most kick-ass brands on the planet, and have a blast doing it.
Freelance and Full-Time applications are welcome.
- Proficiency in C#, object oriented programming, and best coding practices.
- The ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts.
- Knowledge of game engine concepts such as lighting, shaders, materials, meshes, scripting, etc.
- Knowledge of mobile hardware limitations and best practices.
- The ability to understand source control (Perforce, Git etc).
- Experience in game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or Coco’s 2D.
- Experience with 2D games.
- Experience with 3D physics programming.
- Experience integrating audio using tools or plugins.
- Experience with Unity Mecanim and Legacy workflows, or engine equivalents.
- Familiarity working with game concepts such as 3D models, animations, GUI, shaders, and effects.
- Familiarity with Unity systems such as Unity UI, Prefabs, Collision, Navmesh, Mecanim or other engine equivalents.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- A passion for games, especially a wide variety of genres.
- Knowledge of game pipelines outside of your own discipline.
- Knowledge of performance profiling and debugging.
- Experience with Cinemachine and Timeline or engine equivalents.
- Experience in OpenGL for mobile devices.
- Experience in native iOS, Android or Web development.
- An active Github account / open source contributions.
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever-increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce, and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
We’d love to hear from you, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?