Senior Creative Programmer
ustwo Games is a 25-person studio in London, best known as the creators of Monument Valley and Assemble With Care. We are a multi-discipline team drawing from a diverse range of experience and creative influences; our aim is to craft interactive entertainment with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
We are looking for a Senior Creative Programmer (Contractor) to join our small prototyping team and help drive the search for the next creative IP for the studio.
The contract is for an initial 3 months with the potential to extend based on project needs.
What you'll be doing:
- As part of a small team full of talented individuals, you will be collectively responsible for exploring, prototyping and ultimately pitching the next creative IP for the studio.
- Lead the programming on prototypes with rapid iteration to quickly take ideas from inception to playable, proving out a new game at the earliest stages.
- Be able to use your wealth of development experience to understand how to build things rapidly with the right balance of code quality to ensure ideas can be realised quickly but potentially expanded.
- Participate as an equal voice in all creative meetings.
- Craft feel and design to engage and evoke emotion.
- Own all technical challenges, and potentially break technical ground with new prototyping ideas.
- 5+ years game development experience.
- Solid understanding and extensive experience of writing games in Unity/C#.
- Extensive experience of prototyping phases, demonstrable creative input.
- Strong design and creative intuition, understand how to take a feature from an idea to inspirational gameplay.
- You can demonstrate broad knowledge of games engineering techniques.
- Strong experience working on 3D games and good 3D maths skills.
- You stay abreast of the games industry, and can identify trends and zeitgeist moments across platforms.
- Mobile app development experience.
- Secondary skill sets (game design, art, audio etc.).
- Graphics programming experience.
- Personally released projects.
Craft - We excel at our craft, and are always striving to do better. Better craftsmanship results in higher quality products that our players trust and remember.
Reach - We create experiences that a wide variety of people can enjoy. We always aim to be inclusive, diverse and welcoming rather than exclusive.
Innovation - We aim to deliver new, unexpected and surprising experiences. This may take more time and wider research, but we believe it’s worth it.
Team - People do their best work when they feel supported, informed and creatively challenged. We trust in individuals, invest in our environment, communicate openly, and always strive to work better with each other.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?
Apply for this job
Problems with the form? Click here