Senior Product Designer
ustwo is looking for a senior product designer to join our design team in the London studio. We are a global studio committed to making a measurable positive impact both on people's everyday lives. We’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences - to do this, we work across the entire product lifecycle; from visioning and discovery, validating propositions through to launching products and services that are valuable to both users and businesses. We have a lasting and transformative effect on the businesses and organisations we work with.
To meet these opportunities our design team is made up of versatile designers who have, and are constantly developing and broadening their wide skill sets and deepening their process knowledge. Our designers are skilled, confident, and multi-faceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved in the product and service development process.
As a Product Designer at ustwo you will be involved in all stages of the product development process, from brainstorming business challenges and concepts right through to iterating fidelity of the UI up to launch. Using your full range of design skills to help push the boundaries of what is possible. The role of design within the product development process is ever-evolving; a solution that both delights and engages the user often means being prepared for trade-offs to ensure that the right product goes to market.
We believe passionately that diverse teams help us make better services and products. We actively hire for cultural growth. Expect to work with a smart and caring cross-discipline team, delivering at speed that sees the client very much integrated within this team composition. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. It adds value and impact to our clients and industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Explore and communicate design concepts for digital products through artefacts like sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes
Validate design concepts by eliciting user feedback, measuring usability, considering market analysis and balance against technical constraints/opportunities.
Use prototyping tools to convey movement and functionality of concepts.
Create ‘looks like/works like’ prototypes that help tell a project’s story with industry-standard design, prototyping and handover tools.
Engage clients, stakeholders and your team to ensure your proposed design fits business goals and technical constraints in addition to user needs.
Understand and (where appropriate) challenge business requirements to champion user needs, as a way to further promote product and market strategy.
Facilitate and participate in workshops and discussions to promote the communication of ideas.
Participate in design research, user research and validation testing.
Partner side-by-side with engineers to bring designs to life and to quickly resolve challenges.
Bring systems thinking in order to create robust design systems that can scale effectively
Work within and respect a client’s brand but also adapt and evolve it to current digital standards.
Aside from having a portfolio that demonstrates breadth of cross-platform work, core craft skills and design process, you are;
- A Design Generalist. Whilst you may have a developed a specialism you have a range of typography, layout and Information visualisation skills with a working understanding of lean design processes, iterative prototyping using common design software.
- A critical design thinker. Able to make the distinction between “good” and “great” work and can design flows and experiences that are intuitive and delightful. You have developed a point of view about your work.
- Current in your practice. You have a good working understanding in user-centered design, testing, research usability principles, techniques and methodologies. You keep up with the latest trends in design and technology.
- Highly Collaborative. Able to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers using Agile and Lean principles.
- Passionate about innovating through design. Bringing original thinking, strong design practice and advocating for the user.
- Think holistically about the big picture when designing a product, whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused.
- A clear communicator. Capable conveying ideas and break down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written).
- Open to sharing. Whether that be your thoughts, ideas and work in-progress.
- Want to grow. You seek out opportunities to learn, advocating good feedback with those who you work with.
- Resilient. Can handle with pressure and work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Adaptable. You thrive in ambiguity and are comfortable switching contexts and able to apply design practice across a range of industries and different deliverables and goals.
- Able to travel, from time to time, when required and with advance planning.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?
Apply for this job
Problems with the form? Click here