Lead Programmer - ustwo games - London
We’re looking for an experienced programmer to join our studio and work on the next game in the Monument Valley series. As Lead Programmer, you will help guide the technical development of our games from inception to delivery. This role is responsible for making extraordinary products by promoting great collaboration between disciplines and ensuring overall engineering quality.
- You will look after one project and manage direct reports on this project.
- Initially work with a small team (of 4-5) to initiate and bring ideas to life for the project.
- As part of project leadership, you will be collectively responsible for quality of the product and efficiency of the whole team (up to 10 people).
- Lead the programming team on your project (up to 4 programmers), help plan and guide programming work
- Collaborate with other leads on the project to help make design decisions that take into account technical cost and risk.
- Line-manage other programmers, mentoring and supporting personal development within the team.
- Ensure code quality and good working practices are developed and maintained
- Own technical decision-making, building a codebase that can be iterated during development and is performant and maintainable after release.
- Lead by example: write code, do code reviews, collaborate with designers and artists.
- Guide engineering work from the very beginning of the project, from initial prototype to post-release support. Change approach to suit different stages of the project.
- At least 7 years’ experience in the games industry
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary small teams
- A good people person, approachable and confident with leading teams
- An interest in developing more junior members of the team and sharing expertise in effective line management
- Broad knowledge of game development, spanning both the technical and creative areas of production.
- Has worked on released titles on mobile platforms
- Strong experience with Unity
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?