Our mission is to inspire people to build the best digital experiences imaginable, to create meaningful value for our customers and to leave the world in a better place than which we found it.
Right now, there’s a unique opportunity to join our company at a part-time executive position as the CFO for the ustwo Group.
Overall Mission & Requirement
Our mission is to help brands and businesses create products and services that have a meaningful impact on people's lives. Your overall responsibilities will be a traditional Group CFO across ustwo.
The role of Group CFO role is an Executive leader at board level, working closely with other Finance & Operational leaders within ustwo, and as a trusted advisor providing sound financial guidance in a global setting that demands keen business acumen. You will be the driver of Operational and Financial efficiencies and best practice.
Overall Summary of Role
- You will have overall responsibility for the ustwo Group’s Financial and Operational integrity.
- Drive all aspects of portfolio management, financial and statutory reporting for ustwo Group, ensuring that all business plans are aligned with broader strategic and financial objectives.
- Ensure robust financial management and control platform across ustwo that would support the individual business growth plans.
- Conceptualize and understand the key value drivers of the various businesses, implementing the appropriate financial measures to track and monitor performance, focusing on the true drivers of growth and return on investment; and to communicate these to the management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for the organization’s capital management and funding activities, implementing the appropriate investment and financing strategies thus ensuring cost and capital efficiencies.
- Spearhead all group initiatives pertaining to financial controls and corporate governance for ustwo and to oversee and provide guidance for Finance business leaders in their day-to-day operations including areas such as financial control, financial and management accounting, tax, planning etc.
- Lead and advise on the Tax strategy across all areas of the group.
- Responsibility for risk management responsibilities and group insurance arrangements.
- Responsibility for IP protection responsibilities for the uswo group.
- Train and development Finance leaders to ensure a high level of professionalism in meeting the desired performance standards and functional objectives.
Ideally you will have:
- A Finance qualification/background with a deep understanding of portfolio management, family office operations or you will have a more traditional operations background with robust financial skills/ability/experience. You will have the relevant Financial qualifications expected for someone in this position - e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA.
- An appreciation of working in creative, technology, design industries in a global organization.
- The ability for long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills.
- The ability to be a key influencer and are comfortable representing the Finance perspective to senior stakeholders at board level.
- A high emotional intelligence to be able to connect with different mindsets and perspectives in a creative culture such as ustwo.
- A natural ability to persuade with the power of your argument.
- Experience of being an inspiring leader who will push, nudge, coach and motivate our Finance community and our executive leaders.
- A naturally positive deposition and will pull on your leadership experience to energise your community through challenging times or times of change.
- An ability to foster excellent relationships with all stakeholders.
- The desire to solve problems whilst wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for the numbers
- Someone who has worked in Private Equity-backed company or worked in Private Equity is desirable but not essential
As the Group CFO, you will uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo Values in all your day to day work, behaviours and actions. Please visit our Manifesto.
- Always finding ways to Raise the Bar by being someone who wants to develop and develop others.
- Understands the big picture and will always balance the needs of our people with the needs of the business.
- Highly collaborative and transparent. You're not a sole contributor, but rather someone who will work with and foster “team” where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together. In doing this you will ensure that you and your team Learn Together.
- You are never afraid to speak your mind, and are exceptionally clear when you do. You will Be Human with this voice though and will ensure that your comments are always fair, considered and respectful.
- You are naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you will Use the Freedom of this role to never stop learning and take initiative to change and improve things.
- You will bring energy, passion and optimism to your role and will ensure that you and those around you Enjoy the Journey.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?
Apply for this job
Problems with the form? Click here