Global IT Director
At ustwo we design and build digital products, services, and immersive experiences that people love. Increasingly, we help our clients to boost their own digital culture and capabilities. We believe that by caring deeply for our people, clients, and partners, we can unleash our “collective genius”. That means mastering the art of collaboration, crafting the optimal conditions for a team to perform at its absolute best, in an environment of diverse backgrounds, thoughts, views, opinions and life experiences.
As the world changes around us, the challenges our clients are asking us to take on are becoming more fundamental, more strategic, and more vital than ever to the success of their organisations. Our IT practice is crucial to the success of our client, games, and internal teams. It must support growth and deliver a strong, stable and secure infrastructure.
ustwo is looking for a Global IT Director to be based in our London studio. The Global IT Director will report to the Studio CFO/COO.
This role will manage vendors and performance of IT service providers, manage key IT projects throughout the Fampany and work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to realise business requirements. You will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be comfortable working at a strategic level while being hands-on if necessary. This will be the pivotal IT role within the Fampany with a focus on:
- Driving the IT operations and IT security agenda with the goal of working towards ISO27001 compliance and complying with applicable regulations (ie GDPR)
- Ensuring the IT operational and security controls and procedures are seamlessly integrated within the organization’s culture
- Building and developing a high performance team of global IT professionals within the Fampany
- Maintaining a cost conscious budget
- Oversee all IT operations and evaluate according to Fampany objectives and growth plans
- Coach and develop the IT team building successful career plans within the Fampany
- Create and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies
- Analyse and determine the business requirements of all departments to understand their technology needs
- Control budget and oversee departmental finances, including budgeting and forecasting
- Manage and grow positive relationships with IT service providers including monitoring and reporting KPIs
- Implement key organisational IT change projects
- Collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders
- Implement appropriate controls to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Building relationships across the business to encourage best practice
Technologies we use
- >95% macOS
- VMware ESXi
- Synology NAS
- Meraki SM MDM
- JAMF MDM
- AWS, GCP
- Apple DEP, VPP and ARD
- G Suite
- 99%+ Meraki
‘Must have’ expectations:
- An IT generalist with predominantly Mac experience in configuration management, deployment, automation, security etc.
- Implemented best practice auditing and data access policies
- Ability to manage a team across multiple locations
- Strong project management, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Extensive experience with macOS management and MDM tools
- Networking experience in multi-site environments (structured cabling, wireless, routing and security)
- Knowledge and experience delivering SecOps/DevOps/Infosec best practices
- Proven experience of IT in a creative environment with 100+ employees with predominantly SaaS infrastructure
- 10+ years experience including working with an Apple environment
- Successfully managed external IT service providers
- Worked with G Suite and multi-site business infrastructures
- An entrepreneurial mind-set
- Excellent communication skills
- Be comfortable working at a strategic level as well as getting hands-on
- A collaborative approach
‘Nice to have’:
Any relevant qualifications or available reference materials, eg. public GitHub code will help.
Demonstrable experience with any of our technologies listed above as well as the following:
- JAMF MDM and/or other management platforms
- Experience with Cisco Meraki or similar
- Experience with Mac estates
- Previous work experience in a ISO27001 certified organisation
- Networking: VLANs, L2/L3 routing, NAT policies, QoS, 802.1x, VPNs.
- VMware Hypervisors (including Apple hardware).
- Local and remote storage; SAS/DAS/NAS RAIDs, Synology connectivity over SMB, AFP, NFS, iSCSI protocols.
- Machine management; Munki, MDM, DEP, VPP, ARD.
- Communication equipment including VoIP, PBX and low-voltage control systems.
- Cloud infrastructure: mainly GCP, knowledge of general VPS technologies eg. AWS, Heroku.
- Current in your practice. You keep up with the latest trends in IT and technology.
- Highly Collaborative. Able to work collaboratively with your direct team and all uswobies across studios.
- A clear communicator. Superb interpersonal & communication skills. You are capable conveying ideas and sharing updates with the studio (verbally and written).
- Open to sharing. Whether that be your thoughts, ideas and work in-progress.
- Want to grow. You seek out opportunities to grow and develop your technical expertise with your team and you promote regular feedback with those who you work with.
- Resilient. Can work under pressure in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Adaptable. You can handle ambiguity and are comfortable switching contexts.
Please visit our Manifesto for more on our vision, mission and purpose.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?