ustwo has always been at the forefront of design and new technologies. Our mission is to create digital experiences that have a meaningful impact on the world, and in service of that, we’ve pioneered an approach that brings together the best of gaming and digital products, defining what’s next for our clients.
At ustwo NYC, our teams are highly skilled and multifaceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved throughout the design and technology process. To round out our leadership team and our studio, we are looking for a Business Director to lead business development and client engagement across the US.
This role will not only build and cultivate our business and client practice, but also act as a pivotal leader in the studio helping to shape the business strategy and studio direction in the US, contributing to the broader studio vision.
- Driven by the work we create, and the clients we work with.
- Of the belief that strong, genuine client relationships lead to great products.
- Comfortable in front of the crowd. You are able to inspire our clients and clearly articulate our value as a partner.
- Comfortable with “sensible hustle” and strategically choose where we want to grow and who we want to grow with to develop new networks and generate business where it never existed before.
- Someone who looks at the big picture, but is still ready and willing to work on day-to-day business responsibilities, from negotiating MSAs to leading pitches and nurturing a team.
- Highly collaborative and transparent. You're not a sole contributor, but rather someone who will work with and foster a tight-knit team where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together.
- Never afraid to speak your mind, and are exceptionally clear when you do.
- Passionate about learning and experimenting. "Afraid to fail" and "play it safe" aren't in your vocabulary, but you're willing to admit your weaknesses and when you're wrong, in the name of personal and professional growth.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you're never done learning.
- Driven by (and thrive on) inspiring and bringing out the best in those you work with.
- An industry veteran; you've overcome some serious challenges and tackled problems, from both a management and business development perspective, that most would have shied away from.
- Comfortable with non-traditional new business pipelines. You have opinions about the larger industry and are excited by figuring out ustwo's opportunity in it.
- Proven track record for building strong client relationships and a US network.
- Extensive experience in both business development and client management with major brands.
- Extensive experience in digital, being comfortable both with the ambiguity of new concepts and experiences, as well as rigor and clarity for building new products and services.
- Experience securing and negotiating contracts in excess of $3M.
- Capability of defining and articulating market proposition and positioning.
- A desire and excitement to speak at events and represent ustwo externally.
- An understanding of how global and local marketing work together, hand-in-hand with business development.
- Knowledge and understanding of consultancy studio financial models and budgeting processes, both at company and project levels.
- Experience building business strategies and account plans.
- Experience building and managing a team of 2-4.
- Experience within a product-centric organization. This can be large and well established, or small and scrappy.
- Experience with agencies. We live and breathe this, and you will too. It'd be great if you know the intricacies of our world ahead of time.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever-increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce, and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?