IT Support Engineer
ustwo is looking for an IT support engineer to join us in New York as part of our global IT team. As an IT support engineer, you’ll be the first line of support for all the New York studio’s internal tech needs from A/V troubleshooting to deploying computers and walking new hires through IT basics on their first day.
Communication is key and you’ll be expected to work seamlessly with remote & local colleagues; functioning as part of, and receiving support from, the global IT Team across ustwo’s other studios.
We have stable core infrastructure of mostly SaaS platforms with minimal local, in-house equipment (CCTV, meeting room AV equipment, minimal fileserver usage, etc) required for day-to-day operation – all of which you’ll need to make yourself intimately familiar with.
You’ll report directly to the Director of IT in London as well as work closely with the Business Support team in New York.
- First-line IT support for 35+ colleagues in the US, majority using Macs.
- Maintain studio technology, systems, and IT equipment in New York.
- Desktop support for Mac OS (and some Windows) to local and remote employees.
- Work with Finance to manage the studio’s IT budget.
- Set up new ustwobies in NYC with computers and basic IT training.
- Maintain meeting room & event A/V.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- >95% macOS laptops
- JAMF MDM
- Meeting room A/V (webcams, USB, ethernet, HDMI, TVs, Chromeboxes)
- Event A/V (HDMI routing, audio mixing, handheld wireless audio mics)
- G Suite
- >99% Cisco Meraki
- Able to work collaboratively with the global IT team as well as ustwobies across the studio.
- A problem-solver who is ready to take initiative and is comfortable challenging the status quo.
- Interested in growth. You seek out opportunities to grow and develop your technical expertise with your team and you promote regular feedback with those who you work with.
- Up to date with the latest trends in IT and technology.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving creative agency environment.
- A passion for all things tech, specifically IT support.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are capable of conveying ideas and sharing updates with the studio, both written and verbally.
- Basic working knowledge of networking basics (wifi, ethernet, TCP/IP, routing, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting macOS, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Working knowledge of audio/visual basics (HDMI, microphones, TVs).
- Demonstrated experience with any of our technologies listed above.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever-increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce, and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?