Senior Product Designer (UX)
Are you enthusiastic about human centred design and product innovation? We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer for a 6 month contract to perm role with ustwo Sydney. You have a background in user experience, are comfortable with ambiguity, and relish bringing an idea to life. You are highly collaborative and seek to bring everyone together whether product manager, developer, designer or QA.
You will ensure projects have a high level of rigour from research to execution. You will engage actively with clients bringing them on the journey and be a strong advocate for users. You will approach products with a holistic lens and consider design, technical and business implications to your decisions.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world through our craft and being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers, bringing magic to users. We work in multi-disciplinary teams and think collaboration and communication as key ingredients to a team’s success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO...
- Analyse user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Create design solutions by considering market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and usability findings
- Conduct user research (qualitative and quantitative), gather insights and use analytics and/or liaise with accordant experts to identify user needs, wants and behaviours and design requirements
- Work with product owners and product managers to identify and define features, use cases and user stories
- Understand, and where appropriate, challenge business requirements to champion user needs in accordance with product and market strategy
- Create concept sketches, user flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed interaction specifications as and when appropriate
- Choose suitable tools and methodologies to achieve the project goals in order to minimise waste and champion an agile way of working
- Facilitate and be involved in workshops with team and wider stakeholders.
- Foster a collaborative "One Team" approach between ustwo and clients/partners
- Regularly review work with design peers and discipline lead to collect feedback on direction and ensure work and process is well aligned with others
- Actively look for opportunities to develop skills and knowledge; keeping up to date with latest developments, technologies, best practice and design methods
- Contribute to the continuous development of our own product design process
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other members of the studio where required
- Contribute to a positive team morale and healthy growth of the studio
- Tools agnostic mindset focused on outcomes not outputs
- Professional knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles, techniques and methodologies
- Information design expertise and ability to provide guidance on data visualisation, visual hierarchy, legibility/readability and accessibility
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams
- Visualising and prototyping concepts to varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and validate ideas
- Experience working within Agile/SCRUM/Kanban processes
- Passionate with a hunger to solve complex design challenges and make a difference to people's lives
- The ability to think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
- Organised and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Open to feedback from your team to benefit project development and working culture
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- The ability to deal with pressure and can work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity at certain stages of a project
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We also promote flexible working days.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?