Product Design Lead
ustwo is looking for a talented Product Design Lead to join the design team in our New York Studio.
As a Product Design Lead at ustwo, you’ll take a leading role in engaging clients and stakeholders while designing products and services that exceed their expectations. You will work hands-on during projects, collaborating with other designers, developers, and project managers to define, build, and iterate solutions for our clients and partners. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to work with other senior members of the design team, helping us improve processes, approaches, and strategies for both the design team and the studio as a whole.
At ustwo NYC, we are working towards being a product design and immersive technology powerhouse. To do this, we structure our team around versatile designers who are constantly developing and broadening their wide skill sets. Our teams are highly skilled and multifaceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved in the design and technology process. Our products span across mobile and web, as well as immersive technologies such as AR / VR, all the way to wearables and IoT devices.
- Intuitive to the needs of the clients, designers and cross-discipline teams.
- Ability to clearly articulate challenges and opportunities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and are able to execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in an iterative fashion, collaborating closely with various project teams and clients in order to define problems and goals.
- Ability to design elegant user flows and interactions for a global audience across platforms.
- Comfortable being hands-on with the details but able to recognize when to delegate to the design team.
- Ability to manage the design team’s overall quality of work by offering direction and inspiration.
- Ability to give and receive feedback from other designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- A self-starter motivated to solve business problems and driven to innovate and define new products / services.
- A strong collaborator with product managers, engineers, and user researchers.
- Focused on pixel perfection. You sweat the details to ensure that you and the team deliver remarkable products, on time and on budget.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced and confident in visualizing and prototyping concepts quickly in order to communicate ideas.
- Able to understand the bigger picture and can strategically, systematically assess opportunities and challenges.
- Excited by the idea of working with emerging tech / platforms.
- Someone who accepts, communicates, and resolves critique gracefully.
- Someone who enjoys, and has success in, managing teams and supporting designers.
- 7-10 years of cross-platform design experience (Web, android, iOS).
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design.
- Core strengths in visual design, spanning UI, brand, iconography, and art direction.
- Strong knowledge of design tools and workflows.
- Proficiency in, and examples of, how you resolve difficult design challenges.
- A solid understanding of how behavior and transition impact design.
- Clear written and verbal communication style.
- The gravitas and influence to deal with senior client stakeholders.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever-increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce, and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?