Do you get energised by working alongside designers to bring ideas to life in ways that capture the imagination? We’re looking for a Creative Technologist who can support our clients by working quickly to show what’s possible and remove technical ambiguity. You should champion new and creative technologies both within projects and across the engineering team. You should have cross-platform skills and be comfortable using the solution that will help solve the problem in the easiest and more effective way.
WHAT YOU'LL DO...
- Design, build and demonstrate working prototypes that showcase creative solutions to real problems.
- Bring ideas to life quickly within discovery projects.
- Contribute to best practice in product development.
- Champion agile/lean approaches, particularly rapid prototyping.
- Introduce new technologies and engage the engineering team to consider applications for current or future projects.
- Anticipate project development needs, raising potential issues to team and client early and proactively seeking solutions.
- Apply the best design pattern for the case using the solution that best fits the problem.
- Collaborate very closely with designers, co-creating products, designing in code, placing the user at the centre of thinking and problem solving.
- Collaborate with other developers and testers in order to successfully launch stable digital products.Uses a holistic lens in coding, ensuring high usability, accessibility and embracing design standards.
- Able to use the best tool for the situation and understand each one’s benefits and limitations.
- Able to work comfortably across different tech platforms with a mix of iOS, Android, cross-platform mobile (e.g React Native, Flutter), XR and web.
- Skilled with technical architecture and software best practices.
- Experienced with common patterns for designing and building scalable, reliable and secure software applications.
- Experience with unit testing and BDD (e.g. pytest, mocha, jest, jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with Git flows.
- Knowledge of the latest libraries and techniques (React.js, Redux, Angular, Web Sockets).
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5 and CSS3 including accessibility standards
- Effective communicator with the project team and client bringing everyone along thejourney and raising potential issues.
- Welcome feedback and look to improve project development and understanding.
- Able to work within an evolving, ambiguous environment.
- Strong design focus with capabilities in interaction and user experience design
- Supports other developers through peer reviews and conceptualising solution architecture.
- Supports and mentors other developers in best practices and initiates code standards for projects.
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, including:
- Company wide profit sharing platform
- Generous training and development budget
- Paid training days
- Paid parental leave policy for primary and secondary caregivers
- Fortnightly catered lunches
- Quarterly socials
- Monthly chair massages
- Wide variety of snacks and bevvies
25 days holiday are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas.
We also promote flexible working days.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?