At ustwo we invent, design and build digital products, services, and immersive experiences that people love. We also help our clients to change their digital culture and boost their capabilities.
We believe that by caring deeply for our people, clients, and partners, we can unleash our “collective genius”. That means mastering the art of collaboration, crafting the optimal conditions for a team to perform at its absolute best.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and services and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, genders, stories and backgrounds.
ustwo is looking for an exceptional and experienced Technology Director to join the leadership team in our London studio, leading technology strategy and operations for our clients across the UK, Europe, US and Japan.
Technology at ustwo is both a discovery and engineering discipline. We conceive, elaborate and build exceptional digital products and services for our clients, and you will lead all elements of this practice.
Leading a team of 12, you will be responsible for the overarching technology leadership, wellbeing and development of the team, in alignment with the ustwo culture and values. This role will sit on the London Leadership Team, collaborating closely with all disciplines and the Managing Director to drive future innovation and improvements, as well as driving the overarching business impact in the studio.
It will be your responsibility to translate the studio strategy into tangible practices and capabilities for the technology team and assess our client’s technical ecosystems to make clear, context-appropriate strategic recommendations.
You will also work closely across studios globally to share learnings and best practices.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
Set the strategic direction for the Technology team and contribute to the overall strategy and vision of ustwo London, Lisbon and Tokyo whilst effortlessly upholding and encouraging the ustwo Values in all your day to day work, behaviours and actions. This will involve:
- Working across the full breadth of our product and service portfolio; spanning strategic discovery and full product delivery projects; pushing the boundaries and raising the bar within Tech.
- Making sure that the tech community of practice are equipped to do their very best work and learn together.
- Build and nurture our team of technologists. Deeply committed to Agile and other modern ways of working.
- Being not afraid to speak your mind, and being clear when you do. You will be human with this voice, though, ensuring that your comments are always fair and considered.
- Enjoy the journey by leading community initiatives within Tech, nurturing a thriving, self-driving community as well as being a key external voice and ambassador for ustwo.
- Inspiring our technologists to uncover opportunities for them to develop their careers and use the freedom to grow within ustwo, through great role modelling, thoughtful and balanced feedback and strong management skills.
- Using your commercial astuteness, you will help us in business development efforts from a technical perspective and make compelling cases that ustwo is the right partner.
- Lead the “making”, but also be an integral part of the conceptual process, working closely with the Design, Strategy (including Product), Delivery and Commercial Directors.
- You have a strategic point of view on technology and how client services business need to evolve. Your perspective is shared across internal and external audiences.
- Commercially aware and know how to write or contribute to a compelling proposal or pitch. You understand how to make tradeoffs to achieve commercial objectives without undermining the quality of our work. Ideally you’ll understand ustwo’s competitive landscape and know how to keep us differentiated in our technology offering.
- Have success in managing and leading teams. You’ll know how to help a team and the individuals in it to develop and deepen their skills and experience. You’ll be comfortable in a collaborative environment but also not afraid to make decisions to move things on when necessary.
- Experienced in being a technical leader who has a track record of creating the conditions for a team of engineers to be effective and deliver bar-raising work.
- Impactful in your communication style and are used to working with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation. You know how to hold a room and how to convince more conservative stakeholders through empathy and persuasion skills.
- Caring about and have a deep appreciation for the value of strategy, design and product in all its forms. You will have experience of working closely with other disciplines and will bring a mindset of learning together.
- Able to explain and simplify technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders. You will also have the skills to talk to and convince senior technical stakeholders.
- Interested in and enthusiastic for emerging tech and know how to help the team to explore it. You’ll exercise good judgement in knowing when to recommend less tried and tested technology to clients.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?