ustwo Nordics is looking for a new Design Director to join our amazing Malmö studio!
At ustwo Nordics, our dedicated team of designers, developers and delivery coaches partner with some of the top brands in the world, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers. We’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
As our Design Director, you’ll be leading an incredible team of super talented and diverse designers, delivering amazing and meaningful products to world-class clients and partners. To ensure that our growing team is properly supported, we’re looking for someone with the skill set and experience to lead the way. You will bring your own unique value and will work together with the team to ensure the development and success of individuals, the team, and the design discipline.You will be a member of the local leadership team, with whom you’ll be leading the studio, both operationally and strategically.
Besides your day-to-day responsibilities of managing a team of 20+ designers, you’ll be contributing to both the studio and design team strategic direction.
You'll encourage and ensure world-class design execution by facilitating collaboration between designers, disciplines, and teams. Setting the benchmark for quality and best practices, you’ll help steer designers to execute in a fast-moving, global environment. You will also be an ambassador for the ustwo principles both internally and externally and - naturally - have big care for the wellbeing of the ustwobies in the design team in general.
- Highly passionate. You care deeply about fostering design in a user-centered and interdisciplinary client service environment. You have an understanding of the digital product and service landscape and take an active interest in new technologies.
- Collaborative. You believe in the power of teams and understand the importance of facilitation, involvement, and transparency. You are self-drive but you will foster a tight-knit team where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together.
- An excellent communicator and story-teller. Whether it’s about people, design or product, you bring a positive energy into any conversation and are able to get those around you excited around a shared purpose. You have a high-level ability to develop, articulate and explain ideas so that others (including clients) comprehend them, love them and buy into them.
- A caring, empathetic, humble mentor and coach. You care about developing your team, helping them overcome challenges, and helping nurture the future leaders of our team
- Commercially savvy. You understand how to achieve commercial objectives without undermining the quality of our work. Ideally, you understand our competitive landscape and know how to keep us differentiated in our offering. You identify opportunities and see the potential in any project or client engagement.
- A change maker. You enjoy change, problem-solving, and thrive in fast-paced, sometimes chaotic, environments. You’re passionate about learning and experimenting and “Afraid to fail" is not in your vocabulary.
If this sounds exciting, you've got what it takes to be an ustwobie! Keep reading...
IDEALLY YOU ALSO HAVE...
- 5+ years experience in a senior design leadership role leading teams
- Have had some experience with design in an agency context (resourcing, working models etc.)
- A solid foundation in design craft and design thinking
- Experience in design ownership/leadership across multiple teams and projects
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications or teaching
- Experience with sales and growing business with existing clients
- The ability to nurture talent, facilitate career growth and personal development
- A good sense of humour!
We offer a competitive package, amazing family policies and flexible working days
We are able to sponsor visas & relocation for exceptional international applicants
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
In this recruitment, ustwo is cooperating with K2 Search. For further information about the role please contact Ingvild Solheim Bobek, at +46 733 667585, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Johanna Mattsson, at +46 73 521 65 00, email: email@example.com.
All applications and contacts remain confidential. Selection is ongoing so do not wait to submit your application via K2 Search here:
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?