At ustwo we design and build digital products, services, and immersive experiences that people love. Increasingly, we help our clients to boost their own digital culture and capabilities.
We believe that by caring deeply for our people, clients, and partners, we can unleash our “collective genius”. That means mastering the art of collaboration, crafting the optimal conditions for a team to perform at its absolute best, in an environment of diverse backgrounds, thoughts, opinions and life.
We’re looking for an experienced People Lead with an interest in design and technology and a strong UK specific HR generalist background who is passionate about, and skilled at, creating working environments where people feel listened to and can do their best work in a high performing environment and caring culture.
Reporting into our London MD, with dotted line reporting and support from our Chief People Officer, and working as a local team with a People Assistant and Talent Acquisition Lead you will quickly understand the needs of our people, as well as identify relevant industry trends that will help evolve ustwo’s progressive culture and employer brand to ensure we remain people-centred and innovative. We want a stand-out approach to People.
What you’ll be doing:
Advise: You’re a trusted advisor for everyone in the workplace, employees and managers alike, guiding sensitively around policy and legislation across all HR matters. You will support across London, Lisbon and Tokyo.
Improve: Advocate and administer the regular evaluation of our PeopleProcesses to ensure that they are effective in enhancing our values and mission and also that they are carried out efficiently. You’re adept at putting business cases together based on sound rationale.
Insight: Work with leadership on the interpretation of engagement data and ensure its effective communication. Advise and coordinate strategic workforce planning activities around agreed actions and goals with respective teams.
Develop: Design and deliver training programmes and skills/competency frameworks that support the studios continued development and strategic initiatives. Partner with 3rd parties specialists where appropriate.
Discover: Work with our hiring teams to recruit the best people who can grow our culture and shape our future products using fair systems that minimise bias.
Include: Be a leading voice for diversity and inclusion initiatives. Advocate best practice to ensure people of all backgrounds, physical abilities, socio-economic standing, genders, ethnicities, race, sexual preferences, religion and ages can deliver exceptional work and have a sense of belonging.
Comply: You will be responsible for the London, Lisbon & Tokyo data, across SAGE, Greenhouse and our server. You will ensure accuracy to inform HR and business decisions and compliance across GDPR, HMRC and Immigration matters.
Who you might be:
- You thrive when interacting with people. You proactively seek out establishing connections. You are curious about people and you seek to understand their skills, experience, and ambitions.
- You’re known for having clear and concise communication and can be described as having a collaborative and inclusive manner.
- You’re always looking for ways to improve the employee experience in line with business goals and values and have introduced new approaches based on your own research and insights.
- You are aware of current trends, tools and workplace practices to ensure we proactively support people working to their potential. This can come in the form of engagement, recruitment, wellbeing and L&D tools but also an articulated position on other areas such as D&I, Brexit and flexible working.
- You’ve partnered closely with Leadership to support the whole range of employee lifecycle milestones in depth, including talent acquisition. Proven ability handling complex ER cases within the UK. This experience should range from informal performance management, formal disciplinaries, capability process, redundancies and TUPE.
- You have experience supporting SME businesses within tech and creative industries. Ideally in a digital product company and/or agency environment.
- You are keen to understand and stay up to date on the landscape of demand for employees that are appealing to both agencies and product companies, and the implications to attract top talent.
- You’re operationally effective and will ensure that all policies and practices are legally compliant and forward thinking.
- You have an understanding and appreciation of HR tools and data metrics.
- You know how to prioritise your work and can adapt to change when required.
- You build strong lasting relationships and are confident at managing senior stakeholders and navigating them through HR processes.
- You have a global mindset and are used to collaborating with international businesses and cultures.
- You are skilled at balancing the strategy and operational HR demands and can prioritise effectively.
- You are commercially astute. You are used to partnering with Finance to ensure People decisions and budgets have the right commercial rigour.
- You have (formal or informal) managerial experience.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?