ustwo is looking for a Finance Manager with the ability to operate autonomously in supporting our 40-person NYC Studio’s P&L and commercial finance strategies.
This role will have ownership of the commercial finance process and the general ledger accounting for the NY studio. This role is the pivotal finance role for the NY studio to enable revenue growth with a focus on:
- Accurate forecasting and recognition of revenue.
- Unlocking the procurement cycle and negotiations at the client side.
- Ensuring the operational controls and procedures are seamlessly integrated within the organization’s culture.
Commercial Finance Responsibilities
- Forward-looking reporting to MD and Studio CFO/COO, and providing advice on how the studio and future business decisions might be impacted.
- Management of procurement relationships, ensuring contractual terms and vendor documents are up to date.
- Working with Local Leadership Team to ensure capacity planning reflects the business demand.
- Commercial review of pitches/proposals including involvement in pricing decisions and negotiating commercial terms with procurement.
- Managing contract reviews, including vendors supporting client services and freelancers, and external legal relationships as required.
- Supporting MD with insightful analysis on project and client profitability and shape of the business decisions.
- Developing long-term business plans based on these reports.
- Supporting the business in setting the annual revenue targets and measuring performance against them.
Day to day accounting responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- General Ledger accounting.
- Studio Purchase & Sales ledger maintenance.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monitoring and management of the Studio cash balance and forecast.
- Revenue recognition and reconciliation.
- Regular financial and commercial margin analysis.
- Invoice production and timely collection of receivables.
- Expense processing, approval, accounting and recharge invoices.
- Quarterly and annual tax return and audit support.
- Owning the cost-side of the Studio’s forecast.
- Monthly and quarterly financial forecasting and reporting for the Studio.
- Annual budget planning and regular management of.
- Supporting the adoption of a new global systems implementation - Kimble, Sage, CRM etc.
- Oversight of the NY Property budget - including sublets and upcoming lease renewals.
- Ad hoc financial analysis to support Studio initiatives.
- Able to provide both short-term (profitability and cost control) and long-term (trends in cost, revenue and profits over time) perspective to feed into financial decisions and strategy.
- Happy working independently, yet thrive in a team environment.
- A problem solver who is comfortable challenging the status quo.
- Comfortable working in a creative agency environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar Finance role.
- Experience in Kimble and Xero is a plus.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?