Full Stack Developer
ustwo engineering is looking for a full-stack software engineer to help us grow our web team.
Here at ustwo, we’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences. Whether for our roster of international clients and partners, or for our homegrown ventures, we shape, design, build and test digital products/services with users at the very heart of our approach.
As the world changes around us, the challenges our clients are asking us to take on are becoming more fundamental, more strategic and more vital than ever to the success of their organisations.
As a developer you will work to solve difficult problems and build beautiful and intuitive features within a cross-functional team of technologists, designers, product owners and agile coaches.
- Current in your practice. You have a good working understanding in user-centred processes and latest testing tools. You keep up with the latest trends in technology.
- Highly Collaborative. Able to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers using Agile and Lean principles.
- A clear communicator. Capable conveying ideas and break down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written).
- Open to sharing. Whether that be your thoughts, ideas and work in-progress.
- Want to grow. You seek out opportunities to learn, promoting regular feedback with those who you work with.
- Resilient. Can handle with pressure and work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Adaptable. You can handle in ambiguity and are comfortable switching contexts and able to apply your practice across a range of industries and different deliverables and goals.
- Strong experience with React.
- Strong experience in Node.js (Express) for backend services.
- Experience with containerised services and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+
- Applying the best design patterns for various application requirements (MVC, MVVM, Mediator, Rx, Flux, etc.)
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Knowledge about choosing the best databases and their characteristics (SQL / NoSQL / real-time, GraphQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience with unit testing
- Fluency in Git flows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with deploying, hosting, securing, monitoring and scaling in the cloud (Google Cloud Platform or AWS) and experience with configuration management tools (like Terraform, Chef, Puppet, KMS, etc.)
- Experience in building highly scalable and resilient web applications
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?
Apply for this job
Problems with the form? Click here