ustwo is looking for an exceptional and experienced Technology Director to join the leadership team in our New York studio, leading technology strategy and operations for our clients across the US.
At ustwo NYC, we are working towards being a product design and immersive technology powerhouse. Our teams are highly skilled and multifaceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved throughout the design and technology process.
As we continue to build out our capabilities and our US presence, it is imperative that our technology team and methods are set up to scale and grow according to project and client need.
As the Technology Director, you will be an integral part of helping to set the strategy for the New York studio and US market. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the technology team is learning and developing and integrating seamlessly with the design team.
Leading a team of 10-12, you will be responsible for the overarching technology leadership, well-being and development of the team, in alignment with the ustwo culture and values. This role will sit on the New York leadership team, collaborating closely with all disciplines and the Managing Director to drive future innovation and improvements, as well as driving the overarching business impact in the studio. It will then be your responsibility to translate the studio strategy into tangible practices and capabilities for the technology team. This role will work closely across studios globally to share learnings and best practices.
Our products span across mobile and web, as well as immersive technologies such as AR / VR, all the way to wearables and IoT devices. Our technology team engages in full production builds, as well as functioning as creative technologists, strategists, and architects in the conceptual stages of projects.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and forming solutions for the unknown.
- Able to not only lead the “making”, but also be an integral part of the conceptual process, working closely with the Design Director.
- Able to articulate our technology offering and capabilities, and help shape how we sell them to clients.
- Willing to work together with the tech teams and directors from the other studios, shape our vision for technology at ustwo, improve our product-market fit, offering, and positioning for technology.
- Experienced in building brilliant client relationships, and able to not only advise clients but to also provoke, challenge and guide them.
- Experience launching large scale, global products.
- Experience in serving as a leader through vision, as well as hands-on direction.
- An interest in and passion for emerging tech and are able to guide the team and clients.
- Experience with coaching and driving team dynamics, and a keen sensibility for team health.
- The ability to drive the vision and principles for what technology could mean to ustwo.
- Experience in building and nurturing a team of developers, as well as engaging with other disciplines such as designers, product owners, and coaches.
- An understanding of the platforms we’re targeting, and the technologies, processes and tools used to build them.
- An interest in building our brand in the technology market. You and your team will work to become renowned as thought leaders in technology.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Curious to know what it's like to work at ustwo?Why ustwo?